What is that confusing set of lines? It tells the story of how U.S. Arts and Sciences majors move from their first job to their third. More importantly, it is a story about the wide range of career possibilities that Arts and Sciences majors have and how flexible careers can be over time.
Finding your path involves engaging in your own career development: discovering yourself, exploring majors and careers, building skills and pursuing opportunities. This School of Arts and Sciences, in partnership with the Office of Career Explorations and Success, can help you get moving on your Career Journey.
Here are some quick links to help you explore majors and careers:
- Make an appointment with an SAS academic advisor to get help selecting a major. Explore majors/minors here.
- Explore Alumni Career stories (See menu to right)
- Each SAS department has a web page that features alumni and student stories. Go to the department page Undergraduate menu -> Prospective students->See stories in scrolling banner.
- Explore Careers by Major: Jobs & Internships Rutgers Students Obtain
- Join Career Communities by interest or student group to explore careers in a broad area. (Go to Students & Alumni - Career Communities by Interest or Career Communities by population).
- A view into the most common jobs that people enter, by major, can be found here (based on U.S. Census Data).