The Career Explorations in Arts and Sciences initiative includes
- The Career Explorations in Arts and Sciences Course, a1.5 credit course for Sophomores and Juniors, helps students to articulate the Career Readiness Skills they are developing through their SAS courses and experiences; to explore careers while building a professional network of alumni mentors; and to practice important job search skills, from resume writing to interviewing.
- Strategic Initiatives to enhance student awareness of the value of arts and sciences degrees for life and career:
- On-line database of SAS alumni stories
- Career Readiness courses customized for majors and programs
- Workshops for faculty and staff to enhance students' awareness and articulation of the skills they are developing in SAS majors.
- Alumni-student networking events
- Career readiness resources for SAS students, faculty, and staff.