The Career Explorations in Arts and Sciences initiative connects students to the alumni and resources they need to launch purpose filled lives and careers after college. Through courses, advising, alumni stories and networking, students learn about the unique advantages an Arts and Sciences education provides for building a career in a changing world.
The Career Explorations in Arts and Sciences initiative includes
- The Career Explorations in Arts and Sciences Course, a new 1.5 credit course for Sophomores and Juniors, helps students to articulate the Career Readiness Skills they are developing through their SAS courses and experiences; to explore careers while building a professional network of alumni mentors; and to practice important job search skills, from resume writing to interviewing.
- Strategic Initiatives to enhance student awareness of the value of arts and sciences degrees for life and career:
- On-line database of SAS alumni stories
- Career Readiness courses customized for majors (pilot projects)
- Workshops for faculty and staff to enhance students' awareness and articulation of the skills they are developing in SAS majors.
- Pilot projects with industry to enhance experiential learning
- Career readiness resources for SAS students, faculty, and staff.