Advising about majors and minors can come from a variety of sources. Depending on what you need to know, you might turn to more than one source. The topics and questions below are meant to help you ask the right person. You can always come to an SAS advisor with a question - if we are not the right person to answer the question, we will refer you to the right person.
Major/Minor/ Departmental Advisors
- What classes do I need to take now or next term to make good progress in my major?
- What classes do I have left to take to complete my major?
- I am a senior - if I take classes X, Y and Z, will that complete the major?
- I am having trouble with the coursework in my major - can someone help me improve?
- What out-of-classroom opportunities are available for your majors?
- What kind of career opportunities can a certain major lead toward?
- What can I do outside the classroom to improve my professional prospects?
- Can someone help me find an internship?
Find a major/minor/departmental advisor major/minor/departmental advisor
SAS Academic Advisors
- I don’t know where to get started in choosing a major (Tips to get you started).
- Can I fit in a double major and still graduate according to my schedule?
- I am having trouble with the coursework in my major - can someone help me or steer me toward a better option?
- Major Selection
- List of Majors and Minors
- Policies on Majors and Minors
- Four Steps to Choosing a College Major