Study Abroad Brazil


Study abroad experiences are available to SAS students through Rutgers University as well as through other universities or outside organizations.

Study Abroad through Rutgers University

The University conducts study abroad programs at many foreign Universities. For more information about study abroad, see .

  • Seniors planning to study abroad in their final semester before graduation should meet with their major/minor advisors and let the This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.know about their plans. This is necessary to ensure a smooth graduation certification.

Study Abroad through Another University

Students may participate in study abroad programs offered through other Universities or outside organizations.

After identifying the program and courses that you plan to take, please follow these steps:

  • Fill out the Non-Rutgers Study Abroad Course Proposal Form. This form lets SAS know that you are planning to study abroad. You will indicate the courses that you plan to take, and the Rutgers departments that offer similar courses will evaluate these courses to determine if the courses and credits can transfer back toward your Rutgers degree.

Non-Rutgers Study Abroad Course Proposal Form

  • Fill out the Student Withdrawal form. This lets the university know when you plan to be gone from Rutgers, and also when you plan to return. You will be able to register for classes for the semester when you return during the preregistration process, just as you would be able to do if you were a current student.

Student Withdrawal Form

  • If you are an on-campus resident, contact University Housing. If you have signed a housing contract that will be in effect during the time you are away from Rutgers, you must notify the Housing Office in writing of your intention to cancel your contract. Students who do not cancel their housing within the prescribed time period are subject to a cancellation fee.

    If you desire housing upon your return, see the Housing Office before you leave to learn about the procedures to obtain housing.

    All questions concerning deadlines and procedures for housing should be addressed to the housing office on the campus where you currently reside.

When you return, make sure you send your transcripts (official copy, directly from the university where you studied) to one of the SAS Advising Centers.