The Rutgers University School of Arts and Sciences Transfer Center holds STAR Days (Students in Transition Advising and Registration Days) to assist new transfer students. On your STAR Day, you will receive an overview of the School of Arts and Sciences policies, learn to use web resources, meet with advisors, and register for your fall/spring classes. You will receive an email from the Transfer Center inviting you to register for a STAR Day after your transcripts have been evaluated.
How to prepare for STAR Day:
- Visit the websites of major and minor departments you are interested in
- Familiarize yourself with the SAS Requirements
- Open a NetId and Rutgers email address
- Read through the entire Transfer Student Guide below
- Watch all training videos below to get acquainted with the Rutgers registration process
- Bring questions for advisors to your STAR Day
Please review the following information PRIOR to your STAR Day:
1. Transfer Student Guide
2. STAR Day Videos
Prepare for registration by watching the following short videos!
As a new transfer student, all of the course work from your previous institutions will be evaluated by the staff in the SAS Transfer Center within several weeks after you accept our offer of admission. Remember, this Personalized Transfer Evaluation is a preliminary review of your credits and we will continue to update your records. Please be sure to view the "Additional Comments" section of your evaluation for important messaging.
Your undergraduate degree has the following components: