International Students FAQs

FAQs about Transfer Courses

How will I know which of my credits will transfer?

Students transferring from a NJ Community College can use NJ Transfer to assess course transferability. We require a grade of "C" or better for a course to transfer.

Students transferring from a four-year college or university can make the general assumption that classes completed with a grade of "C" or better in an academic department offered at Rutgers University will be accepted for transfer credit. These courses may or may not be utilized to fulfill major requirements but will generally receive a minimum of elective academic credit. Please note that this is a general guideline only and should not be considered a guarantee of any sort.

I have updated transcripts. Where do I send those?

All transcripts can be sent to the SAS Transfer Center:

SAS Transfer Center
54 Joyce Kilmer Avenue
Lucy Stone Hall Rm. A204
Piscataway, NJ 08854

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

**only OFFICIAL transcripts can be evaluated. If you are submitting a hard copy transcript, do not break the seal. Opened envelopes are considered unofficial and cannot be reviewed.


Can I take a summer or winter session class in China?

The School of Arts and Sciences requires that transcripts from Chinese institutions be submitted with a verification report from the China Higher Education Student Information and Career Center (CHESICC) to be considered official. Any transcript that does not include a verification letter from CHESICC will not be evaluated.

CHESICC does not verify summer or winter sessions for English-language based programs in China or Taiwan. The summer programs are often offered by third-party collaboration with a traditional university in China, Taiwan, or Korea serving as the host campus. The School of Arts and Sciences does not accept transfer credits from any of these programs, including those in cooperation with United States schools (ex: Seminole State University in Florida and Fontbonne University in Missouri).