Connect with an academic advisor through Live Chat. You will be able to ask a question or two online. If the academic advisor requires more time, an appointment will be recommended.
- Submit major and minor declaration online @ mymajor.sas.rutgers.edu.
- Change your graduation date @ mygraddate.sas.rutgers.edu.
- Submit Transfer Course Preapproval forms to take non-Rutgers courses.
- Get help with registration.
- Get help with forms.
- Senior check.
- Take a semester off – discuss your Leave of Absence and plan for return.
- Learn how to use online tools.
You are encouraged to meet with an advisor at least once a semester to discuss interests and long term plans.
Your virtual appointment will be online via Zoom or WebEx and may be with any SAS Academic Advisor. Your meeting will be 20-30 minutes in length, so arrive to your appointment prepared. In order for your appointment to be productive:
- Be on time. We recommend that you log in 5 minutes before your scheduled time. The advisor will join you when your appointment begins.
- Arrive with questions for discussion.
- Ask for advice on course registration and academic planning.
- Discuss degree requirements, including SAS Core, Majors, and Minors.
- Plan a reasonable and timely graduation date.
- Post-grad planning.
During pre-registration, have a list of proposed courses for the next semester, including alternatives. We encourage you to use planning tools such as Degree Navigator, WebReg, and Course Schedule Planner to review any pre-requisites or restrictions on courses you are interested in taking.