Welcome to the Fall 2021 Semester! We’re so excited to have you back on campus!
Here are some deadlines, tips and links to help you succeed.
- What deadlines and dates should I be aware of?
- How can I find and manage my classes?
- How do I get support for my academic success?
- Last day to add a class using WebReg: **EXTENDED TO Friday, September 10
- Last day to drop a class without a “W”: **EXTENDED TO Friday, September 10
- Last day to withdraw from a class with a W: Monday, October 25
- First Day of Classes: Wednesday, September 1
- Saturday Classes Begin: Saturday, September 4
- Labor Day, No School!: Monday, September 6
- Class Day Change: ATTEND MONDAY CLASSES on Wednesday, September 8
- Last Day to Cancel Registration and Receive 100% Refund: Tuesday, September 14
- Last day for Seniors to elect the SAS Senior P/NC Conversion: Thursday, September 30
- Daylight Savings Time ends, Turn the clocks back 1 hour: Sunday, November 7
- Last day to withdraw from the university (drop all classes): Monday, November 22
- Thanksgiving Recess! Wednesday, November 24 – Sunday, November 28
- Class Day Change: ATTEND WEDNESDAY CLASSES on Monday, November 29
- Pre-registration for Spring 2021 begins: Monday, November 29
- Last day of Classes: Monday, December 13
- Reading Days: Tuesday, December 14 and Wednesday, December 15
- Final Exam Period: Thursday, December 66 – Thursday, December 23
Where are my class sites?
- Find your class management sites on Canvas or Sakai
- Check the Schedule of Classes or your My.Rutgers schedule to learn which learning management system each course uses and the location and time of your in-person classes
- Check your My.Rutgers Dashboard using the My Course Schedule and My Course Activity widgets
When and where do my classes meet?
- If you see specific Days of the Week and Times, AND a Building name, Room number and Campus, then the class meets IN PERSON at that time in the location indicated. You are required attend in person at those times.
- If you see specific Days of the Week and Times, but no location, then the class meets live, on-line, usually using Zoom or WebEx. You are required to be logged-in and in virtual attendance at those times. This format emulates the face-to-face classroom experience and all students will be meeting together with the instructor at the designated times.
- If you see “Hours by Arrangement” or “N/A” or ”Asynchronous,” with no course meeting information, then the class does not have specific meeting times. Rather, the course site will indicate weekly requirements and assignment due dates. In addition, flexible opportunities to meet with TAs, instructors, and classmates via Zoom or WebEx will be a part of these classes. This format provides flexibility for students who prefer not to log in at a fixed time or reside in another time zone. These courses still require the same number of hours per week as more traditional course formats and meet the same learning goals. These courses ARE NOT self-paced; there is a weekly schedule beginning the first week of classes with flexible opportunities for live, remote, interaction.
- Many courses are offered in a HYBRID mode, with a combination of both in-person and on-line meetings, so check your schedule carefully to make sure you attend all class meetings.
How can I ask questions or get registration assistance?
- Live Chat - weekdays 9am – 5pm
How can I set-up an appointment with my advisor?
- We are offering one-on-one advising, by appointment, both in-person and remotely.
- Advising appointments begin September 13, 2021
- After September 8, you may set up an appointment using RU-Scheduler
How can I be successful in a remote learning environment?